|San Andreas Elementary School
families! Please make sure your child is arriving to school before the
7:40 bell, so they are ready to start the day when the 7:45 late bell
rings. It is extremely important that your child is at school every day.
Students are rewarded for being at school and on time by getting a
green ticket for the student store. Classes are also working as a team
to earn the privilege of housing a gnome in their room if they have the
highest percentage of attendance and on time. Another incentive at SAE
is our Wildcat Pride Parties. Students who have less than three
discipline points and have good attendance (as determined by
administration) will be able to attend. Our next Wildcat Pride Party is
at the end of the month when the carnival comes to school.
Character Trait for the month: TRUSTWORTHINESS
Our new lunch procedures have been a big hit! Here are some helpful hits for packing your child’s lunch.
Add some of these to round out your child’s lunch:
- Fruit cups (with no sugar added) or fresh fruit salad
- Applesauce (also with no sugar added)
- Nuts (if age and allergy appropriate), such as walnuts, pistachios, almonds or peanuts
- Raw veggies (ready to pack) such as carrot sticks, sugar snap peas or celery sticks
- Cheese sticks — available in 2% sharp cheddar or part skim-milk mozzarella
- Healthy snack bars (individually wrapped) with 3 or more grams of fiber, less than 10 grams sugar, and no more than 1 gram saturated fat
- Yogurt with less than 10-12 grams of sugar per pack (or purchase the plain and add honey and fruit)