Every couple of months our school will be featuring a different character trait as a building block in teacher our children how to become better citizens.
The theme will be woven into our activities to provide a common foundation of ethical standards for our community.
Character Trait for August & September: TRUSTWORTHINESS
- Integrity: Integrity often takes the willingness to do what is right, even if it is costly or risky.
- Honesty: Honesty is being truthful and sincere in your actions and words, and accomplishing goals fairly, without cheating or stealing.
- Reliability: Reliability means keeping your promises, honoring your word and commitments, doing what you say you will do, returning what you borrow, being on time and being dependable.
Character Trait for October, November & December: Caring
- Showing understanding of other by treating them with kindness, compassion, generosity, and a forgiving spirit.
Character Trait for January & February: Citizenship
- The expectation that everyone behaves in a way that has a positive impact on the school, family, and community.
Character Trait for March & April: Responsibility
- Being accountable for one's own actions and choices without blaming others.
Character Trait for May & June: Fairness
- Recognizing and respecting the opinions and practices of people different than ourselves.
- When conflict arises, learning to accept and forgive each other in order to promote equity and peace.